The event’s unique format is intended to reduce complicated planning and logistics, and create an event that racers can easily manage. Each evening the NORRA team will offer locally inspired hospitality starting with happy hour events, and concluding with dinner. If you have always wanted to bring your family, and friends to see what NORRA is all about, or want to get your feet wet racing in Baja, this is the event for you!
Let us keep you up-to-date with race announcements. Join our contact list for all the latest news.
Click on the desired topic(s) below.
If you’re not getting our alerts and news, be sure to log into your NORRA account and subscribe with your mobile phone number.
Watch this space for new rally alerts from NORRA as they are posted!
A link to the Safari GPS files will be emailed to Safari participants shortly before the event.
2024 NORRA 500 Pricing
Note: NEW! Liability insurance while on the course and tracker fees are split out from the entry fee.
|Pricing for the 2024 NORRA 500 has not yet been announced.
* If you participate this year in both the NORRA 500 and the Mexican 1000, we will refund the extra NORRA membership payment right after the close of onsite registration. Be sure to use the same NORRA account for your registration in the 500 that you used for the 1000.
ALL hotel reservations and accommodations necessary to compete in the rally are to be made by individual race teams at their expense. NORRA is not reponsible for the booking and pricing practices of hotels and travel agents.
Click or touch here for a list of hotels in Ensenada.
2024 NORRA 500 Refund Policy
- If you withdraw your entry before August 15, 2024, you will receive a refund of any payments made after open of registration, less a $500 penalty.
- If you withdraw your entry between August 15, 2024 and October 4, 2024, you will receive a NORRA credit for any payments made after open of registration, less a $500 penalty. The credit expires after the next event.
- No refund and no credit if you withdraw after October 4, 2024.
- You may transfer your entry to another new entrant for the same race.
Stella EVO III unit with the SPICA unit will be used for tracking and safety. Anube will supply the units, which you will rent from them when you register online for the event.
If you already have a Stella mount from previous NORRA races you can still use it for the Stella device. But you will need to purchase a SPICA mount from Anube if you don’t have one of those. The SPICA is a GPS data logger and does not have a separate antenna. You can order what you need from:
If you order mounting hardware close to the race date, Anube will bring it to tech in Ensenada rather than shipping it.
|Thu. Oct. 10
|Registration / Tech / Welcome Fiesta at the Riviera, Ensenada
|Fri. Oct. 11
|Racing, Day 1
Ensenada ~ San Felipe
Finish Line Celebration
|Sat. Oct. 12
|Racing, Day 2
San Felipe~ Ensenada
Finish Line Celebration
|Sun. Oct. 13
|Awards Ceremony, Ensenada
Rules & Classes
The vehicle rules document includes a list of all vehicle categories (classes) with detailed descriptions.
Download the 2024 Vehicle Rules v 5.5 revised January 24, 2024 (PDF)
Download the General Rules v 4.1 revised February 7, 2024 (PDF)
Maps, GPS and Road Books
Detailed maps, road books and GPS files will be available for download right before the race at norra.com/gps. Printed road books and roll charts will be available upon request at registration.
Mileage Maps will be released close to the event.
The NORRA Technology Eras
See the Mexican 1000 rules page for more information about vehicle categories and rally rules
Medical and Liability Insurance:
The insurance fee includes limited Medical and Liability Insurance.
- Auto liability insurance from a Mexican company is required by law in order to drive in Baja California.
- The insurance you purchase with your entry covers basic liability for the vehicle while on the course. Please be sure you understand its limitations. Vehicles being driven while not on the course must be insured by a policy from a Mexican insurance carrier, which can be purchased online from Instant Mexican Insurance
- Instant Mexico Insurance contact details: Miguel Rico 52 664 120 9742, firstname.lastname@example.org
Details about border crossing will be distributed as a Rally Alert shortly before most teams will be departing for the event. At that time, you will be able to register all vehicles crossing the border with your entry.
Plan ahead! You will need the following:
- A valid passport or passport card with an expiration date more than six months later than the date you enter Mexico. You can use a passport that has less than six months remaining as long as you leave Mexico before it expires, but you will need to apply for your FMM card in person at the border crossing.
- Vaccinations. Discuss with your doctor at least two months in advance of travel. See the CDC Mexico Travel page for current U.S. recommendations.
- You will need either a visa or an FMM (tourist card). U.S. citizens need an FMM. For other countries, check with a Mexican embassy or consulate in your area. Click here to get an FMM within 30 days of travel. You complete the form online and then print it. You need to get it validated at the border if you drive into Mexico. We are trying to make arrangements for FMM validation at NORRA registration in Ensenada; see the border crossing rally alert for updates on this.
- Valid registration for each vehicle.
- Valid driver’s license for each driver. Mexico accepts licenses from your home country if they are in English or Spanish. They also accept International Driving Permits.
- Be sure to bring some Mexican pesos. The best exchange rates are generally found in San Ysidro, California. In Mexico, check the rates at casas de cambio. If you use Mexican ATMs, you will incur high fees from both your bank and the Mexican bank.
- There are limits on carrying certain items across the border, including the number of spare tires and spare parts. Some items must be declared, such as if you bring more than $10,000 cash. Fuel in containers is not allowed. More information at the Welcome to Mexico webpage and in the upcoming NORRA border crossing Rally Alert.