FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 25, 2022
The 2022 NORRA Stroppe Classic Car Round-Up an extraordinary gathering of Stroppe built and vintage era off-road race vehicles!
2022 NORRA Stroppe Classic Car Round-Up Details -
AGUA DULCE, CALIF. It’s finally here! We are making final preparations before the NORRA family comes to Ensenada for our annual family reunion, but wanted to clarify the details of next amazing Saturday’s Stroppe Classic Car Round-Up. Bringing off-road history to life lies at the heart of what makes the Yokohama NORRA Mexican 1000 presented by Method Race Wheels so special, and with the help of Marty Fiolka and Sol Saltzman we are taking our vintage four-wheel vehicles back into the spotlight where they belong.
This is going to be one of the most significant gatherings of off-road race vehicles in history! Please join us and help us stay organized by reviewing the following event overview.
How It All Works(Saturday, April 30)
Parking of Stroppe display vehicles
(Around "Horseshoe" U-turn).
~ • ~
Parking of Ford Broncos and Meyers Manx vehicles
(Manx to Left of Stroppe Motosports Hauler. Broncos to Right).
~ • ~
All other Classic Car vehicles allowed to enter display area
(Parking Starts at end by U-turn and fills in to entrance.
Park at angle facing forward, both sides of street).
~ • ~
NORRA Stroppe Classic Car Round-Up display area completed.
~ • ~
Big Oly moves toward Vintage Tech line, all others to follow (in order).
- NORRA encourages all of our Vintage category teams to participate – those competing in the Pioneer, Legends, Challenger and Vintage eras as well as some select vehicles coming via the Safari categories as well. There will also be a few special surprises on display as well.
- Of note will be a Stroppe-themed display including the restored Stroppe Motorsports hauler, the Big Oly Bronco and several other Stroppe vehicles. This area will be located at the very end of the entrance road to Tech (at the “horseshoe” U-turn corner).
- On the right side street of the Classic Car Round Up (beginning at the Stroppe display and heading west) will be a display of all the vintage race Ford Broncos from each NORRA Vintage category.
- On the left side of the street (beginning at the Stroppe display and heading west) will be a special gathering of Meyers Manx vehicles.
- All other Vintage vehicles will be on display on both sides of the entrance street heading west and parked at an angle facing in, towards center of street.
- As teams enter the Classic Car display don’t forget to have your official 2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 team picture taken by our staff! (NOTE: All NORRA race entries are encourage to stop and have their official rally picture taken).
- Beginning at precisely 1:00pm all Vintage category race cars will literally follow the Big Oly Bronco through NORRA’s Tech Inspection. (NOTE: All vehicles can be Tech’d on Friday as well but still be part of the Classic Car Round-Up.)
Important NOTE!! All non-Vintage category racers may be stopped from entering the start of the Classic Car Round-Up/Tech area beginning at 12:30 PM to allow the Vintage cars to go through Tech as a group!!
>> NORRA STROPPE CLASSIC CAR ROUND-UP DETAIL MAP - CLICK TO DOWNLOAD PRINT PDF
>> ENSENADA REGISTRATION, TECH & ROUND-UP MAP - CLICK TO DOWNLOAD PRINT PDF
"The Happiest Race On Earth!"
### Good Vibes. Good Times! ###
Beginning in 2010, the National Off Road Racing Association (NORRA) began promoting a rebirth of the NORRA Mexican 1000 rally. The unique off-road rally was co-created by promoter Mike Pearlman to consist of special stages (unlimited speed timed stages in the dirt) linked together by controlled speed liaison / transit sections (highway). The one-of-a-kind, once-a-year, five-day rally includes vintage off-road vehicles and motorcycles, as well as modern pre-runners, trucks, buggies, UTVs, bikes and desert Rally Raid cars.
Pearlman’s late father Ed and others established the first running of the NORRA Mexican 1000 off-road rally in November of 1967, which eventually became internationally recognized and evolved into the Baja 1000 in the mid-1970’s.
NORRA enjoys corporate partnerships with Yokohama Tire, Method Race Wheels, South Point Hotel & Casino, McMillin Racing, Bilstein Shock Absorbers, STEEL-IT, Multitool USA, Satélite del Norte, Biltwell, Cerveceria Transpeninsular, PCI Race Radios, Schampa, Optima Batteries, K&N, Horsepower Ranch, Baja Bush Pilots, The Fab School, Mag7 Pits, the Off-Road Motorsports Hall of Fame (ORMHOF), B3KREATIV, and many more.