Yokohama NORRA Mexican 1000 RALLY
No other racing event immerses competitors in the food, drink, culture, and beauty of Baja, like the Yokohama NORRA Mexican 1000 – "The Happiest Race On Earth!", and the competitors run the gamut from offroad racing icons and current stars, to adventure seeking average Joes and well-travelled lovers of Baja. NORRA has classes for bikes, quads, UTV’s, and 4-wheel classes for everything from vintage vehicles to state-of-the-art race cars. There’s even the Safari Baja Expedition for those who want to participate, but not compete. NORRA pays homage to the past and celebrates the future.
Click on the desired topic(s) below.
Watch this space for Rally Alerts as they are posted. If you’re not getting our notifications, be sure to log into your NORRA account and subscribe with your mobile phone number.
Mexican 1000 Pricing
|Stella + SPICA rental||300|
|Limited Liability/Medical Insurance||250|
Driver of Record
Crew, Friends and Family
|Cabo Awards Ceremony Only||135|
ALL hotel reservations and accommodations necessary to compete in the rally are to be made by individual race teams at their expense. NORRA is not reponsible for the booking and pricing practices of hotels and travel agents. Subject to availablility, Safari participants will have the option of purchasing a hospitality package that includes rooms each night of the event.
Bay of L.A. (Cars)
San Ignacio (Cars and Motos)
Rooms in Bay of L.A. and San Ignacio are limited to one per team and are expected to sell out in the first day of pre-registration. If you pay your entry in full, you can book a room as part of the registration process (if available). Camping is available.
NORRA Refund and Credit Policy
- All NORRA credits for previous events expire after the 2024 Mexican 1000.
- If you withdraw your entry between December 1, 2023 and December 31, 2023, you will receive a refund of any payments made on or after December 1, 2023, less a $500 penalty.
- If you withdraw your entry between January 1, 2024 and March 31, 2024, you will receive a NORRA credit for any payments made on or after December 1, 2023, less a $500 penalty. The credit expires after the next event.
- No refund and no credit if you withdraw after March 31, 2024.
- You may transfer your entry fee to another new entrant for the same race.
Stella EVO III unit with the SPICA unit will be used for tracking and safety. Anube will supply the units, which you will rent from them when you register online for the event.
Motorcycles and 4-Wheel Entries
|Fri. Apr. 26||Registration / Tech, at the Riviera, Ensenada|
|Sat. Apr. 27||Registration / Tech, at the Riviera, Ensenada|
|Sun. Apr. 28||Ensenada ~ San Felipe|
|Mon. Apr 29||San Felipe ~ Guerrero Negro (moto)
San Felipe ~ Bahía de Los Ángeles (4-wheel)
|Tue. Apr 30||Guerrero Negro ~ San Ignacio (moto)
Bahía de Los Ángeles ~ San Ignacio (4-wheel)
|Wed. May 1||San Ignacio ~ Loreto|
|Thu. May 2||Loreto ~ La Paz|
|Fri. May 3||La Paz ~ San José del Cabo (Finish!)|
|Sat. May 4||San José del Cabo (Post official results and awards)|
Rules & Classes
The vehicle rules document includes a list of all vehicle categories (classes) with detailed descriptions.
Download the 2024 Vehicle Rules v 5.4 revised November 29, 2023 (PDF)
Download the General Rules v 4.0 revised July 5, 2023 (PDF)
Maps, GPS and Road Books
Detailed maps, road books and GPS files will be available for download right before the race at norra.com/gps. Printed road books and roll charts will be available upon request at registration.
Mileage Maps will be released close to the event.
The NORRA Technology Eras
See the Mexican 1000 rules page for more information about vehicle categories and rally rules
Medical and Liability Insurance:
The insurance fee includes limited Medical and Liability Insurance.
- Auto liability insurance from a Mexican company is required by law in order to drive in Baja California.
- The insurance you purchase with your entry covers basic liability for the vehicle while on the course. Please be sure you understand its limitations. Vehicles being driven while not on the course must be insured by a policy from a Mexican insurance carrier, which can be purchased online from Instant Mexican Insurance
- Instant Mexico Insurance contact details: Miguel Rico 52 664 120 9742, email@example.com
Details about border crossing will be distributed as a Rally Alert shortly before most teams will be departing for the event. At that time, you will be able to register all vehicles crossing the border with your entry.
Plan ahead! You will need the following:
- A valid passport or passport card with an expiration date more than six months later than the date you enter Mexico. You can use a passport that has less than six months remaining as long as you leave Mexico before it expires, but you will need to apply for your FMM card in person at the border crossing.
- Vaccinations. Discuss with your doctor at least two months in advance of travel. See the CDC Mexico Travel page for current U.S. recommendations.
- You will need either a visa or an FMM (tourist card). U.S. citizens need an FMM. For other countries, check with a Mexican embassy or consulate in your area. Click here to get an FMM within 30 days of travel. You complete the form online and then print it. You need to get it validated at the border if you drive into Mexico. We are trying to make arrangements for FMM validation at NORRA registration in Ensenada; see the border crossing rally alert for updates on this.
- Valid registration for each vehicle.
- Valid driver’s license for each driver. Mexico accepts licenses from your home country if they are in English or Spanish. They also accept International Driving Permits.
- Be sure to bring some Mexican pesos. The best exchange rates are generally found in San Ysidro, California. In Mexico, check the rates at casas de cambio. If you use Mexican ATMs, you will incur high fees from both your bank and the Mexican bank.
- There are limits on carrying certain items across the border, including the number of spare tires and spare parts. Some items must be declared, such as if you bring more than $10,000 cash. Fuel in containers is not allowed. More information at the Welcome to Mexico webpage and in the upcoming NORRA border crossing Rally Alert.